Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Why I like my Fuji HS10

This image has been reduced in size and saved as a jpg for faster page loading.
There are naysayers about bridge cameras like the Fuji HS10. These critics sing the praises of DSLRs and high quality long lenses. These critics are right, except that a camera in the hand is worth any number of cameras elsewhere. And that is why I like my little Fuji; It is always with me.

Also, the Fuji is very affordable and that has got to count for something. When I retired, the money I was paid for just one used pro lens, my much loved Canon f/1.8 200mm telephoto, paid for my Fuji bridge camera, for my little point-and-shoot, for two sets of batteries for both cameras, the SD cards and more.

And the Fuji gets the job done.

On the way home from a dinner downtown, I sighted some deer in Woodland Cemetery. It was dusk and getting dark. The cemetery gates were locked. As I walked to the iron fence, I turned on the camera, zoomed out the lens to 720mm and checked that the auto was on scenic. I braced the small camera against the fence, framed and shot.

I'm happy with my HS10. But if I wasn't retired and a little short of money, I'd sell my little friend and move up to the soon-to-be-in-stores HS20. It sounds like another little gem.

2 comments:

  1. I could not agree more, Rock. As you know, I also own and adore the Fuji HS10. I take it with me as often as I possibly can.
    As for the new HS20 ... I'll let you know what I think of it when it arrives! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you received the HS20? Can you let me know what you think? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete